Wish you all a very happy, peaceful and prosperous New Year.
2015 was an awesome year with its important and meaningful lessons and so will be 2016 for all of us!
It was in 2015 when I started my blog and got this beautiful opportunity to share my views, thoughts and experiences on things that matter most to me in life through this platform.
Today, on the first day of the new year, first and foremost, therefore, I express my gratitude to you all for reading my blog and being supportive and loving in this entire endeavour. I am sure that in 2016 too, we would continue to strengthen our bond and nurture our relationship.
Honestly speaking readers, it was my one habit, which motivated me to start this blog- the habit of reading books. This single habit, believe me, has transformed my life in many ways.
Therefore today, I share with you 12+1 books from my reading list of 2015, which could become your reading list for 2016. I selected these books because I really leant a lot from them and I hope, that reading them, you too would learn a lot.
Here is the list:
- The Story of My Life by Hellen Keller
- The Writing Life by Anne Dillard
- Writing Down the Bones by Natalie Goldberg
- The One Thing by by Gary Keller , Jay Papasan
- Do the Work by Steven Pressfield
- The War of Art by Steven Pressfield
- Daily Rituals by Mason Curry
- The Mastery Manual by Robin Sharma
- Undone by Michele Cushatt
- Clutter Free by Leo Babuta
- The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
- The Journey to Growing Up
- And this one book is a bonus in the list, a book that inspired, Dr APJ Abdul Kalam: Light from Many Lamps edited by Lillian Eichler Watson
Since it is the first month of the year, when we are positively charged up and geared, therefore, it would be great, if we could prepare our reading list of the year.
A book a month would not be a daunting target for us to achieve.
The books, which I shared in the above list, were from my areas of interest, so, I encourage you to explore the books from your fields of interests or from areas of your life where you want to excel and gain knowledge this year. Books will provide you with the best of the instructions, strategies and information to bring the desired changes and makeover in your life.
So, don’t wait much. Explore books. Decide your books. Finalise your list. And then embark on your journey of reading books. Because this one habit of yours can transform your life with greater magnitude and can bring butterfly effect in your life.
I mean it.
I sincerely wish you all magnificent reading hours in 2016 ahead! All the best!